Fourteen days was released in 2017 and is considered one of the most popular battle royale titles. The game sees millions of players signing up to play every day, despite claims that the third-person shooter is no longer as popular as it used to be.
Part of the game’s popularity comes from the fact that it is free to play. Add to Fourteen daysThanks to its easy accessibility, it also offers cross-platform play with most supported devices, making playing with your friends a breeze. Another factor that adds to the game’s popularity is that it runs efficiently on almost any PC due to its very low system requirements.
Here are the recommended specs for Fourteen days.
Minimum requirements for the Fortnite system
- GPU: Intel HD 4000 on PC or Intel Iris Pro 5200
- CENTRAL PROCESSOR: Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
- R.A.M: 4GB RAM
- Operating system: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit or Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
Recommended Fortnite system requirements
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280 or equivalent DX11 GPU
- GPU memory: 2 GB VRAM
- Central processor: Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz, AMD Ryzen 3 3300U or equivalent
- R.A.M.: 8 GB of RAM or higher
- operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
If you have a slightly newer gaming PC, you may be able to play the game with the Epic preset. Basically, this just means you can enjoy longer drawing spacing, sharper textures, better anti-aliasing, and more bells and whistles Fourteen days look a lot nicer.
Recommended Fortnite Epic system requirements
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080 or AMD equivalent
- GPU RAM: 4 GB VRAM or higher
- CENTRAL PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-8700, Ryzen 7 3700x or equivalent
- R.A.M: 16 GB or higher
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
Fourteen days can run efficiently on older PCs – or Macs! – without a dedicated graphics card. However, if your rig barely meets the minimum system requirements, playing at the highest settings will result in a poor experience.
If you find yourself in this situation, here are some things you can try to improve performance:
- Close all background apps, especially those that may be using your computer’s GPU or memory (like Google Chrome)
- Lower Fourteen days‘s 3D resolution scale – this reduces the internal rendering resolution of textures without affecting the resolution of your monitor
- Change the rendering mode from DirectX 11 to Performance (Alpha) or DirectX 12. (You can see the benefit this has in the video above)
- Reduce shadows, post-processing, effects, and textures to the lowest possible settings
- If you have an NVIDIA GPU, you may be able to enable NVIDIA DLSS. You can enable this in the “Advanced Graphics” section of the Video tab, and there you can enable DLSS and set it to Performance, Balanced, or Quality.
Here are our recommended settings to use the most frames Fourteen days:
Recommended Fortnite settings for the best frame rate without affecting gameplay
- Window mode: Full screen or borderless full screen
- Resolution: Whatever the native resolution of your monitor is
- Frame rate limit: Unlimited or whatever your monitor’s maximum refresh rate is
- 3D resolution: 100%
- Visibility: Epic
- The shade: the end
- Anti-aliasing: the end
- Textures: Low
- Effects: Low
- Post processing: Low
- NVIDIA DLSS: Enabled, quality (if your PC supports it)
The range of vision on Epic is important for seeing other players in the distance, so this setting should be as high as possible. However, if your PC is struggling to keep up, try gradually reducing the viewing distance until the frame rate is more stable.
You can also get the best picture quality by making sure your PC is running at the native resolution of your monitor. If your PC can’t keep up, consider reducing the 3D resolution scaler gradually. This will degrade the quality of the graphics in the game without your monitor running at a lower resolution.
Depending on the hardware, DLSS is particularly helpful to improve frame rates. It’s a machine learning-based technique designed to enable higher-resolution gameplay without the same performance penalty. However, it is only available on certain Nvidia RTX 20 and 30 series GPUs Fourteen days Options, your PC is probably incompatible.