Dead Cells is set to be big for its next update and includes the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate slogan “Everyone is Here” for an impressive indie world collaboration.
In the game’s 26th update overall, Dead Cells adds weapons, skills, and skins from a number of indie hits that you’re more than familiar with. Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul, and Curse of the Dead Gods are all included, which makes for quite a lineup. Here’s what to expect from each:
New weapon: Face bottle
– They say this should cure you, but it doesn’t seem to be working that well … Uh who cares, it looks damn cool.
New outfit: Penitent outfit
Curse of the dead gods
New weapon: Machete and gun
– Slash, slash, bang. But how, big strong bang. Basically.
New outfit: Explorer outfit
New weapon: Pollo power
– Unleash your inner chicken and bring wrath to your enemies as you plant egg bombs all over the island.
New outfit: Luchador’s outfit
New weapon: Pure nail
– Looks like Blobespierre has finally learned that he doesn’t have to stop every time he wants to swing.
New outfit: Ship outfit
Hyper light drifters
New weapon: Hard lightsaber / hard light rifle
– Shoot one to mark your enemy and hit the other to get your ammo back.
New outfit: The magician’s outfit
New weapon: bone
– One swing, two swings, an uncontrollable whirlwind … You know the deal.
New outfit: Little Bone’s outfit
In the update’s patch notes, which also include some changes to balance and quality of life, the team gives a hint on how to unlock all of this new content:
“As you explore the prison quarters, you may notice some new unusual rooms that don’t seem to belong here. Maybe they have shifted from another dimension? Legends say that finding and exploring these rooms will bring you fame and strength! … as well as new tools to add to your arsenal.
We also heard that a strange, mysterious book with lots of clues had appeared somewhere in the prison quarters. However, his sayings look pretty cryptic and incomprehensible … “
So if you haven’t figured it out by now, be sure to check out Prisoner’s Quarters when the update releases.
Speaking of which, this latest update is now available to gamers on PC and is getting to consoles “very soon”. Watch out, Switch players.