The bond of Isaac: repentance will be released on November 4th in North America for PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X / S, and Nintendo Switch. A European publication is to follow in the “coming weeks”. The PC version was released in March.
First announced in 2018, The bond of Isaac: repentance is the final DLC of the game. The console package is $ 19.99 and includes all of the content from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, and The bond of Isaac: afterbirth +.
An official overview reads:
Isaac’s new quest takes him to unknown places he’s never been, filled with terrifying new enemies and bosses, weapon combinations you’ve never combined before, and items he’s never seen … unholy horrors from his wildest dreams and worst nightmares!
Repentance is the unforgettable “final” chapter of the award-winning Binding of Isaac saga and is filled with hundreds of crazy new features and secret surprises that will delight long-time fans and new players alike. With new playable characters, a new alternate path with new chapters, a new boss, and THOUSANDS OF HOURS of new gameplay, it’s the ultimate twin-stick shooter / roguelike – a modern classic that you may never stop playing!
- A complete alternate path with brand new chapters and a new boss and ending.
- Real cooperative game for up to four players.
- An impossible number of balance changes, visual and gameplay updates, and fixes.
- Over 130 new articles (over 700 articles in total).
- Lots of new item combinations with logical effects, new graphics and mechanics.
- Two new playable characters.
- Over 100 new enemies, over 25 new bosses.
- Seven new challenges and over 5,000 new room designs.
- Surprises galore!
For more on The bond of Isaac, take a look at our previous coverage.