Home / Uncategorized / CD Projekt buys an indie studio to develop a game based on one of its characteristics

CD Projekt buys an indie studio to develop a game based on one of its characteristics

The creators of Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher, CD Projekt, have taken over indie studio The Molasses Flood, which will now be working on a new game based on one of CD Projekt’s IPs.

Announced today to investors, CD Projekt announced that it had initially purchased 60% of the Boston studio and arranged transactions to acquire the remaining 40% over time. The Molasses Flood will work with CD Projekt’s development department, CD Projekt Red, but will retain “full autonomy”.

The new logo of the molasses flood.  (Source: CD project)

The new logo of the molasses flood. (Source: CD project)

The announcement mentioned that The Molasses Flood “will be working on its own project based on one of CD Projekt’s IPs”. This is likely a game set in the Witcher or Cyberpunk universes.

CD Projekt has already announced that it will simultaneously develop AAA Witcher and Cyberpunk games from 2022 onwards.

Molasses Flood subsequently confirmed the news Twitter, said: “We can make a completely new game in the universe of an existing CD-Projekt-IP, we can hire a lot more people and keep making games based on the same principles that have always guided us: games with a heart, the based on rich gameplay systems. “

The studio’s announcement also confirmed that it would keep its name but add “a CD Projekt Studio” to most communications.

In a separate press release, Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt said: “We are always looking for teams that make games with a heart. The Molasses Flood share our passion for video game development, they are experienced and quality minded. I am convinced that they will bring a lot of talent and determination to the group. “

The Molasses Flood previously created The Flame in the Flood and Drake’s Hollow, both of which focused on elements of survival, albeit with very different approaches. Members of the Molasses Flood team had previously developed BioShock, Halo 2 and Rock Band before starting the indie developer.

Before we get into any new games, CD Projekt is still working on next-gen upgrades for Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – both of which were recently postponed to 2022. Larger expansions for cyberpunk are to follow at a later date.

Joe Skrebels is the editor-in-chief of News at IGN. Follow him further Twitter. Do you have a tip for us? Would you like to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstipps@ign.com.



About megamaster

Check Also

Video: Side-by-Side Comparison of Pokémon’s Diamond and Pearl Remakes Running on Each Switch

Image: via YouTube If you’re still trying to find the Nintendo Switch that is right …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *