Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition is out on November 18th!
It’s been an amazing journey since we started Microsoft flight simulator on the PC. The flight simmering core audience immediately embraced the new experience, and Xbox Game Pass for PC attracted a new audience of PC gamers who had never played a flight simulator before.
We started in July 2021 Microsoft flight simulator on Xbox Series X | S and welcomed millions of console players to the flight simulation experience. We have introduced new features such as Discovery Flights, Extended Tutorials, Flight Assistant, Map Labels and Land Anywhere to help newbies to successfully enter the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator. This version brought numerous improvements to the Sim, including significant performance gains that also benefited the PC audience.
And the start was just the beginning. For the past 14 months we’ve been rolling out major monthly updates: six world updates and six sim updates that keep improving the experience. And today we are happy that Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year (GOTY) output. This new edition celebrates all of the positive feedback, reviews, and awards, but it’s also a “thank you” to our fans – new and old – who made it Microsoft flight simulator such a phenomenon.
The following is included in the GOTY Edition:
We are adding 5 brand new planes Microsoft flight simulator:
- Boeing F / A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military jet and a popular feature of the community. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion will come out with the movie next spring, but we wanted Simmers to have the chance to test their need for speed this vacation.
- VoloCity: We have teamed up with the well-known German company Volocopter, which is working on an eVTOL called “VoloCity”, a vision for an urban air taxi. We worked closely with the Volocopter engineering team to develop an authentic version of the aircraft prototype for the simulator. This is our first aircraft capable of pinpoint landings and is a taste of what to look forward to in 2022 when we plan to launch helicopters in the simulation.
- Pilatus PC-6 luggage rack: This legendary short take-off and landing aircraft (STOL) is a very versatile aircraft from Switzerland and is supplied with several cockpits, cabins and landing gear variants. It is the result of our close collaboration with the manufacturer and the development work of the famous developers Hans Hartmann and Alexander Metzger, which have resulted in a great and fun new aircraft with exceptional capabilities in the simulator.
- CubCrafters NX Cub: Yakima-based CubCrafters recently introduced a nose wheel option for their flagship CC-19 XCub Aircraft, popularly known as the NX Cub.
- Aviat Pitts Special S1S: One of our most popular aircraft is getting a single seat option with the release of this aircraft.
We’re adding 8 handcrafted airports in Central Europe and the United States:
- Leipzig / Halle Airport (EDDP)
- Allgäu Airport Memmingen (EDJA)
- Lucerne-Beromünster Airport (LSZO)
- United States
- Patrick Space Force Base (KCOF)
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (KNKX)
The Game of the Year publication adds information on 545 previously missing airports in the United States.
Due to the popularity of the recently launched Discovery Flights, we are adding another 6 locations (Helsinki, Freiburg im Breisgau, Mekka, Monument Valley, Singapore and Mount Cook) to this popular series.
To further expand the onboarding experience, we’re adding 14 new tutorials introducing Simmers to Bush Flying (in an Icon A5) and IFR (in a Cessna 172).
We’re also excited to introduce some of the features that are in high demand from the community: an updated weather system, early access to DX12, and a playback system in development mode.
New photogrammetry cities
As part of our ongoing collaboration with Bing Maps, we’re excited to add a number of new photogrammetry cities: Helsinki (Finland), Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle and Nottingham (UK) and Utrecht (Netherlands).
Windows 11 collaboration
To celebrate the launch of Windows 11 from October 19 through November 18, we’ve selected 11 landmarks around the world that will be illuminated in blue in Windows Microsoft flight simulator. In addition, we are releasing a special Windows 11 livery for the ADDITIONAL 330LT for Simmer to add to their collection.
And the best part is that Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition will be available as a free update to existing players on PC and Xbox Series X | S. For new users, the GOTY Edition is the perfect entry point into flight simulation as it offers an even richer experience and will be the item they buy as we move in the original.
We can’t wait for you to experience this expanded edition of Microsoft flight simulator on November 18th. We encourage you to invite your friends to experience the wonders of flight. Heaven is calling!
Microsoft flight simulator is now available for Xbox Series X | S with Xbox Game Pass, Windows 10/11 with Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Steam.
For the latest information on Microsoft flight simulator, stay tuned @MSFSOfficial on twitter.