Eidos-Montréal has revealed the fully licensed music soundtrack that players can expect in its upcoming Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy game.
As you’d expect, it features plenty of hits from the 1980s as well as at least two songs from Star-Lord’s own in-game band. To celebrate today’s announcement, the studio debuted the very ’80s, very VHS-style music video for “Zero to Hero,” the second single from Star Lords band. You can check it out below:
According to Eidos-Montréal, the music video for “Zero to Hero” contains a few allusions to Peter Quill’s inspiration to actually take on the name Star-Lord. “Zero to Hero” is the second Star Lord single released, with Space Riders With No Names being the first. You can find both in the Official Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Original Video Game Playlist here.
What other songs to expect in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the full 28-song soundtrack (excluding the Star-Lord songs) can be viewed below:
- Blondie – call me
- Blue Oyster Cult – Don’t be afraid of the Reaper
- Bobby McFerrin – Don’t worry, be happy
- Hot Chocolate – Every 1 is a winner
- Wang Chung – Everyone is having fun tonight
- Tears of fear – everyone wants to rule the world
- Europe – the final countdown
- New Kids on the Block – Hangin ‘Tough
- Pat Benatar – Hit me with your best shot
- Bonnie Tyler – Persevering after a Hero
- KISS – I love it loud
- Swarm of gulls – I Ran
- Culture Club – I’ll be 4 Ya. fall
- Mötley Crüe – Kickstart My Heart
- Simple Minds – love song
- Rick Astley – Will never give up on you
- Frankie goes to Hollywood – relax
- Def Leppard – Rock Rock till you drop
- Rainbow – since you left
- A-ha – take me on
- Soft Cell – Corrupted Love
- Loverboy – Get rid of me
- Autograph – Turn up the radio
- Insanity! – Wake me up before you go
- Scandal with Patty Smyth – The Warrior
- Starship – We built this city
- Twisted Sister – We won’t take it
- Billy Idol – White Wedding
“You will hear these incredible tracks as you progress through the game, as well as on the Milano’s jukebox,” said Eidos-Montréal. “Some of them will also play a key role during the huddle, an important gameplay mechanic in combat. You have the option of choosing between two blasts on the Star-Lord cassette player to motivate the guards and overwhelm your enemies. ”
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S and PC on October 26th. On that day, a cloud version of the game will also be released for the Nintendo Switch.
For more on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, check out our thoughts on it after you picked it up recently Game Informer Guardians of the Galaxy preview. look at that 4K footage of the game after that and then Check out the latest trailer for a look at Cosmo, the Nova Corps, and more.
Are you looking forward to this soundtrack? Are there any outstanding items missing from the list? Let us know in the comments below!
[Source: Square Enix]