Polygon Treehouse and United Label have announced that their narrative adventure game, Roki, will be released on October 28 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S. The game was first released last year on the Nintendo Switch and PC, where it received positive reviews.
Inspired by Scandinavian folklore, Roki follows the story of Tove, who travels through “a mysterious and long-forgotten world full of strange mythical creatures” to save her family. Roki offers puzzles and an interactive and dynamic environment. The game features non-violent gameplay, accessible controls, and universal themes.
The most important functions include:
- experience Roki on next-generation consoles at a completely new level of immersion with up to 4K resolution and 60 frames per second support.
- Join Tove on an amazing journey to save her family. one that takes you deep into a long-forgotten world of folklore, filled with strange places and even stranger creatures.
- Explore a living fairy tale, solve age-old puzzles, and travel deeper through the icy land to learn the truth.
- Immerse yourself in a rich, beguiling Nordic world full of mysteries and monsters brought to life by Rokicharacteristic graphic style.
- Solve the puzzles of the wildRoki is a game of brains, not muscles.
- Uncover a story of tragic loss as you plan your path to salvation.
“Roki is our take on the classic adventure games we loved as kids – games like Monkey island, Day of the tentacles, and Grim fandango“Said Polygon Treehouse. “We wanted to capture the storytelling and adventurous spirit of these games, but more importantly, update the style of play for today’s audience.”
Check out a trailer below.