As seems to be required in some obscure corner of Japanese law, we don’t have time to look it up.
Capcom announced new details on Monster Hunter as part of their Tokyo Game Show presentation, including initial details on the recently announced Sunbreak expansion.
- The flagship monster for Sunbreak will be the dragon from last week’s Nintendo Direct trailer, and it was named “Malzeno”.
- Another recurring monster is the Shogun Ceanataur, the “blood crab” who debuted in Monster Hunter 2 and was a regular enemy in the Monster Hunter Generations games.
- Some other brief details were given, including the name of the new quest rank (master rank), the requirements for access (delete the quests that were in the starting game) and that the hunter will leave Kamura village as usual.
- A title update in October will add a “Capcom Collab” quest featuring Ghosts’ n Goblins Resurrection from February, and the update will also include downloadable voices by Debra Wilson (Harriet Tubman in Clone high, also provided votes for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker) and SungWon “ProZD” Cho (Monster prom, River City girls) who will voice new named characters.
- A future collaboration update for Rise will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog: A previous series of Sonic quests were included in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
Updates will be released starting today for four of the next five weeks:
- An update with a new co-op quest and the ability to fight the Molten Tigrex will be released today
- The Dread King Rathalos will be available as a Monstie on October 7th
- A new co-op quest with a tougher fight with Fatalis on October 21st
- The last planned monsty quests for Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian are coming on October 28th